Sunday, May 21, 2017
This recipe source is from Youtube，【原味古早味蛋糕做法】【HOW TO BAKE CASTELLA CAKE】
I didn't smooth the cake batter properly before baking as a result rough surface. A must try recipe, thumbs up. :)
75g veg. oil
90g cake flour (sift)
6 egg yolk
1/4tsp vanilla paste
6 egg white
72g caster sugar
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 150C.
2. Line base and sides of a 8 inches square pan with grease proof paper.
3. Double wrap tin base and surrounding with foil, set aside.
4. Pour oil in a bowl and heat it up in microwave for 2mins.
5. Add cake flour into hot oil and stir till mixture is smooth.
6. Transfer cooked dough into a bigger bowl and stir in milk, egg yolk, salt and vanilla paste till mixture is smooth.
7. In a clean mixing bowl whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
8. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till soft peaks form.
9. Fold in 1/3 of the meringue into egg yolk batter and mix till combined.
10.Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in two portions until well combined.
11.Pour cake batter into prepared pan, smooth surface and tap pan on tabletop to burst air bubbles.
12.Steam-bake cake in a preheated oven for an hour. (Adjust oven temperature according to your oven heating power.)
13.Remove cake pan from oven, lift up grease proof paper to remove cake from pan.
14.Leave cake to cool on a wire rack.
Sunday, May 14, 2017
80g egg white
2 1/2tbsp raw sugar
40g cake flour
1/4tsp baking powder
30g ground almond
60g unsalted butter (melted)
6 whole almond
1. Preheat over to 190C.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and ground almond together and set aside.
3. Whisk egg white in a clean big bowl until foamy.
4. Add in sugar and whisk till sugar dissolved.
5. Fold in flour mixture till well blended.
6. Lastly, fold in melted butter mixture till well blended.
7. Spoon batter into greased mould till 90% full.
8. Place an almond in the middle of cake batter.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12mins or till cake is lightly browned.
10.Remove financiers from mould and cool it on wire rack.
Wednesday, May 10, 2017
110g unsalted butter
90g raw sugar
120g self-rising flour
20g cocoa powder
60g hazelnut/any type of nuts (chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Line muffin tin with paper casing and set aside.
3. Spoon nutella into piping bag and set aside.
4. Sift flour, cocoa powder and salt together and set aside.
5. Cream butter and sugar together till light and fluffy.
6. Slowly beat in egg until well combined. (If batter curdle add in some flour.)
7. Fold in flour alternating with milk until well combined.
8. Lastly, fold in chopped nut.
9. Spoon cake batter into a big piping bag.
10.Pipe cake batter into muffin tin about 1/3 full.
11.Pipe nutella at the center of the batter.
12.Pipe cake batter over the nutella till 80% full.
13.Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30mins.
14.Remove cupcakes from tin and cool them on wire rack.
Sunday, May 7, 2017
125g unsalted butter
65g icing sugar
1/2tsp vanilla paste
150g self-rising flour (sifted)
60g Quaker oat
30g ground almond
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. Cream butter, salt and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Slowly beat in egg and vanilla paste until well combined.
4. Mix flour and ground almond together.
5. Fold in flour, oat and raisins into Step 3 till if form soft dough.
6. Scoop cookies dough and drop it on greased tray.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 15mins.
8. Cool on wire rack and store in an airtight containers.
Monday, May 1, 2017
50g bean curd
45g unsweetened soya bean drink
40g egg white
40g veg. oil
90g cake flour
180g egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Line base and side of a 7" square tin with grease proof paper. (Sides of grease proof paper higher than tin.)
2. Double wrap tin base and surrounding with foil, set aside.
3. Blend bean curd and soya bean drink together.
4. Sift flour and salt together, set aside.
5. In a big mixing bowl pour in bean curd paste, egg white and oil.
6. With a hand whisk, whisk till well combined.
7. Add in flour and mix till smooth batter, set aside. (If batter is too thick add in some soya bean drink.)
8. Preheat oven to 150C.
9. With a cake mixer, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
10.Gradually add in sugar and whisk till soft peaks form.
11.Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the bean curd batter until combined.
12.Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in two portions until well combined.
13.Tap tin on tabletop to burst air bubbles in cake batter.
14.Pour batter into prepared cake tin.
15.Steam-bake cake in a preheated oven for 15mins, reduce temperature to 130C and bake for another 35-40mins. (Adjust oven temperature according to your house oven heating power.)
16.Remove cake tin from oven, drop cake tin on tabletop to prevent shrinkage.
17.Lift up grease proof paper to remove cake from tin.
18.Cool cake on wire rack.