Saturday, April 8, 2017
Honey Sponge Cupcakes
Ingredients (yield 8 cupcakes)
35g raw sugar
70g plain flour
1tbsp veg. oil
adequate grated cheese
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Lined cupcake tray with paper casing and set aside.
3. With a electric hand whisk, whisk eggs, sugar and honey at high speed till it double in volume, switch to low speed and continue to whisk till pale, thick and fluffy.
4. Add oil into egg batter and whisk at medium high speed till combined.
5. Sift flour and salt into cake batter in 2 portions, fold in till well combined.
6. Spoon batter into cupcake tray till 90% full.
7. Lightly tap tray on table top to burst air bubbles in batter.
8. Sprinkle some grated cheese on batter surface.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15mins.
10.Remove cakes from tin and cool them on wire rack.