Sunday, March 26, 2017
50g grated coconut
100g gula melaka (chopped)
50g coconut milk
150g grated coconut
1. Mix grated coconut and salt together and steam for 10mins.
2. Leave to cool.
3. Soak sago for 20mins and drain well.
4. Pour coconut milk and chopped gula melaka into a small pot.
5. Cook over low heat till gula melaka dissolved and remove from heat.
6. Mix sago, grated coconut and salt together.
7. Pour in syrup and stir until well combined.
8. Pour mixture into a greased 6inches square tin.
9. Steam in preheated steamer at high heat for 20mins.
10.Leave kueh to cool in tin.
11.Remove kueh from tin and cut into serving size.
12.Coat with steamed grated coconut and serve.
100g pumpkin (steamed and mashed)
60g glutinous rice flour
40g tapioca flour
75g gula melaka (chopped)
adequate grated coconut
1/4tsp of salt
1. Mix gula melaka and sugar together and set aside.
2. Mix grated coconut and salt together, steamed for 10mins and set aside.
3. Mix glutinous rice flour, tapioca flour and sugar together.
4. Knead mashed pumpkin and water into flour mixture until it form a soft dough. (Add some water at a time. You may need more or less water as it depend on the moisture of pumpkin.)
5. Grab some dough and roll it into a ball.
6. With your thumb, make a hollow in the dough.
7. Spoon some gula melaka into the hollow and seal opening.
8. Shape it into balls and place it on a tray.
9. Cook the glutinous balls in boiling hot water until it start floating on the water.
10.Stir and cook for another 2mins.
11.Scoop out the glutinous balls and drain away the water.
12.Roll them on the grated coconut and serve.
Sunday, March 12, 2017
4 egg yolk
3tbsp veg. oil
75g whipping cream
1/2tsp vanilla paste
85g cake flour
4 egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
100g Oreo cookies (removed cream and crushed)
1. Preheat oven to 165C.
2. Sift flour and set aside.
3. Use a hand whisk mix egg yolk, sugar and salt together.
4. Add in oil, whipping cream and vanilla paste whisk till combined.
5. Add in flour and stir until batter is smooth.
6. Use a cake mixer, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
7. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
8. Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until combined.
9. Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in two portions until combined.
10.Lastly, fold in crushed cookies into chiffon batter.
11.Pour batter into a 21cm tube pan, smooth surface and tap pan on tabletop to burst the air bubbles.
12.Place pan into a preheated oven and bake for 40-45mins.
13.Remove from oven, invert cake onto table top and leave it cool.
14.Remove cake from pan and enjoy.