Thursday, July 8, 2010
Rich Chocolate Brownies
175g unsalted butter
160g semi-sweet chocolate
70g dark chocolate
100g dark brown sugar
140g castor sugar
1tbsp coffee powder
2tsp vanilla paste
125g cake flour
1/2tsp baking powder
60g chopped nuts (any nuts of your choice)
90g chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Mix flour, baking powder and salt together, set aside.
3. Melt butter and chocolate in a big bowl over a simmering water.
4. Remove from heat, stir in coffee powder and sugar until dissolved.
5. Beat in vanilla paste and eggs.
6. Use a wooden spoon or spatula, fold in flour, chocolate chips and chopped nuts until just combined.
7. Pour batter into a lined and greased 7" x 10" rectangular tin.
8. Bake in a preheated oven for 30mins.
9. Remove brownies from tin and cool it on a wire rack.