Saturday, November 14, 2009

Hello Kitty Chocolate Cream Cake




I saw a lot of blog making this Picture Outline Transfer and was interested to try it. Thanks to 'Anncoo Hobby' tips and advice, and I finally give it a try. For those who are interested, you can visit 'Christine's Recipe Blog' for a clearer details.

At the same time, I even tried out the Message Press Set which I bought from Phoon Huat. I thought this will be easy for my ugly writing skill but it turn out worst, my hand kept shaking and the wordings were so ugly. :(

Overall, I'm happy with my first tried of the Picture Outline Transfer. :) However, there are rooms for improvement.

12 comments:

A Full-Timed Housefly said...

So sweet looking Kitty ! Good job and good effort , I'm a failure when come to baking :(

ann low said...

Very good job on the first attempt:D

DG said...

Love this cake, the hello kitty is so sweet ... :)

Happy Flour said...

Hi A Full-Timed Housefly, Anncoo and DG,

Thanks for all your kind words. :)

laychoo said...

Very yummy too :>

Happy Flour said...

Hi Lay Choo,

Hehehe...finished in just 15mins. :0
Both my boys are looking for pictures for their birthday cakes already.

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy and nice. May I know how to transfer the picture to the cake?

Happy Flour said...

Hi Anonymous,

Please read my posted, you can refer to 'Christine's Recipe Blog' for details.

Anonymous said...

The 2 links are not working. Please help. Thanks

Happy Flour said...

Hi Anonymous,

I think they had its removed. Maybe you can check it Anncoo blog or from the internet 'Picture Outline Transfer'.

Anonymous said...

Hi Happy Flour,

I try to do the outline today with the intention of transfering the outline to a fresh cream cake and fill the details with piping gel. In the end, my outline did not stick to the cake n at the same time, destroy the top of my frosting. Can you advise me how to transfer just the chocolate outline? Thanks

Happy Flour said...

Hi Anonymous,

The chocolate consistence must be thick during piping onto the picture. So the outline will not be too thin and break during transferring onto your icing cake. Once you had flip the chocolate outline onto the cake slowly peel off the picture sheet.