Monday, June 15, 2009

Cream Cheese Chiffon Cake



Recipe

Ingredients
70g milk
65g cream cheese
30g butter
75g cake flour
1/4tsp baking powder
4 egg yolk
1/4tsp salt

4 egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
85g caster sugar

Steps:
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Cook butter, cream cheese and milk together over double-boiler until thicken.
3. Strain and set aside to cool.
4. Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
5. Use a hand whisk mix egg yolk and salt together.
6. Add in cream cheese mixture and whisk till combined.
7. Add in flour and stir until batter is smooth.
8. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
9. Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
10.Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until combined.
11.Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in 3 portions until well combined.
12.Pour batter into a 21cm tube pan.
13.Bake in a preheated oven for 40-45mins.
14.Remove from oven, invert cake onto table until completely cool.
15.Remove cake from pan and serve.

17 comments:

Kitchen Corner said...

This chiffon cake is nicely baked! Soft and fluffly!

Happy Flour said...

Hi Kitchen Corner,

Thanks, although my family don't like cheesecake but they love this. This is light with mild taste of cream cheese. :)

Alice said...

Wow...this chiffon cake is so nicely done! Soft and fluffy:)

Happy Flour said...

Hi Alice,

Thanks for your nice words.

chuany said...

today i bake this chiffon cake, n nice it soft, spongy n fluffy, tx alot HF for sharing ^^v

Stephanie said...

i tried baking a chiffon cake and it does not brown as nicely as yours! its usually the same colour inside and out...would you know why?

Thanks a lot!
Stephanie

Happy Flour said...

Hi Stephanie,

Either your oven is not hot enough or it is not well baked. Baked chiffon cake with top and bottom heating at 175C about 40-45mins depend on the size of the chiffon cake pan.

Anonymous said...

Hi Happy Flour

I baked yr cheese CC yesterday but added some coffee granules.
The cake turned out fabulous!! Thank you for sharing yr recipe with all.
It was truly divine...

Teck

Happy Flour said...

Hi Teck,

'Coffee Cream Cheese Chiffon Cake' what a great idea. Happy Baking. :)

Sue said...

Hi I have baked cream cheese chiffon cake today and it's really good. Thanks for sharing this great recipe. Have you tried replacing butter with corn oil?

Happy Flour said...

Hi Sue,

I find that butter goes well with cream cheese but not corn oil. You can give it a try, replacing butter with corn oil.

Sue said...

Hi again,
I divided batter into 2 16cm tube pan and baked at 170 degree for 40min. However, there is no brown surface on the sides when I unmould the cake. I was afraid if I bake longer, it may dried up the cake. Any advice? - Sue

Happy Flour said...

Hi Sue,

It should be well browned since your chiffon cake is baked in a 16cm tube pan at 170C for 40mins. The problem should be your oven.

Anonymous said...

Hi HappyFlour!

Your Cheese Chiffon Cake looks so fluffy and nice! What size of eggs are you using? I tried to bake the cake but it didn't raise eventho I beat the egg white correctly. Any suggestions?
Thanks alot sharing so nice recipes and pics

Happy Flour said...

Hi Anonymous,

I'm using about 58-60g egg without egg shell. You might have over fold so defaulting the air bubbles in egg white.

Unknown said...

Hi, yr chiffon cake looks lovely. I dont hv castor sugar at home, can I use cane sugar instead? Do I have to keep the cake in the fridge after baking (is baked with creamcheese). Thks.

Unknown said...

Hi Happy Hour,

I just loved your cake..it looks soo soft n fluffy. I want to try it....Could you please help me with my query,,what will be the substitute for cake flour?? can I use all purpose flour?? will it be soft and fluffy as is in the above pic... i m new to baking world and want to bake this cake...pleasee help me with my query