Friday, October 3, 2008

Strawberry Jam Cupcakes




As usual, when I was preparing the ingredients my younger son will ask me what am I baking for the day. After I told him that I will be baking Strawberry Cupcakes, he gave me a smile and said 'Storebelly'(baby language). He quickly went to bring out his cooking set and set up his own baking corner.:D
While I was taking some shoots, he quickly brought a strawberry toy and place it beside the cupcakes and said that it will be nicer. He was so sweet, so I include his small thought in my shot and it really gave the photo a touch of fun.:)


Recipe

Ingredients
230g unsalted butter
150g caster sugar
4 eggs
230g cake flour
3tsp baking powder
1tsp strawberry essence
few drops of rose pink food colouring
strawberry jam (filling)

Steps:
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Sift flour and baking powder together, set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Slowly beat in the egg until well combined.(If batter curdle add in some flour.)
5. Fold in flour, essence and colouring until well combined.(If batter is dry, add in some milk.)
6. Spoon 2tbsp of batter into the cupcake casing.
7. Spoon 1tsp of strawberry jam into the batter and fill it with some more batter until 80% full.
8. Bake for 25-30mins.
9. Cool cupcakes on a wire rack.

No comments: