Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Chocolate Hazelnut Macarons







This is my second attempt on Macarons and it a success.:) My first attempt on macarons, I used the wrong amount of almond flour. The recipe used 110g ungrounded almond so I thought if I going to use grounded almond that will be lesser. So I used 90g only and my macarons came out without skirting. Thanks to A.Y., helped me to test out the recipe. She told me that she used 110g grounded almond and this recipe gave the macarons a thinner skirting. Then I realised my mistake.
I adapted recipe from Tartelette Blog, made a plain macarons and dust it with some cocoa powder.
For this macarons, it has thin skirting as the recipe used normal meringue and it is much easier. I have found recipes on French Meringue Macarons and Italian Meringue Macarons, both used sugar syrup. Which I find that the sugar level is toooo high, toooo sweet. But both produced thick skirting. The recipe which I used is also sweet but it is still acceptable.
For the filling, I just mixed hazelnut spread, chocolate emulco and buttercream together.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love macarons. My first try was when my friend gave me a box of six during her wedding. It was from a bakery in Toa Payoh. Ate one, intended to leave the rest for later but ended up finished all 6 within an hour. Don know where to find. Really, you MUST make some for me next time, okie?

Happy Flour said...

Hi laychoo,

Ok, no problem. :)

Aunty Yochana said...

Thumbs up Happy Flour..

I'm so happy for you. I didn't do anything but just tried out the recipe. I think you did better than me.

rgds

Happy Flour said...

Hi Aunty,

Thanks for your compliment. Your kind words really help to boost my confidence and spirit.

rgds,