Friday, August 29, 2008

Strawberry Snow Skin Mooncake









This is my first attempt on Snow Skin Mooncake, and I am very happy with the result. Satisfy:) I have adapted 'White Snow Skin Mooncake' recipe from Aunty Yochana blog.

I reduced the liquid to about 160g and added 3/4tsp strawberry essence and a drop of rose pink food colouring into the liquid. The skin is soft and not too sweet. I think the important of making Snow Skin is not to over knead the dough. Once the mixture form a dough then stop kneading, cover and put in the fridge to rest for 15mins. The dough looked rough but has a soft texture. For the lotus paste, I kneaded in some cranberry. I have prepared the lotus paste one day before. As oil oozed out from the paste after kneading and rolling. After I have rolled the paste into individual small balls, I covered it with grease proof paper, put in an airtight container and kept in the fridge. For dusting of mould and hands use steamed and sifted tapioca flour.

2 comments:

The Lee Girls said...

Hi,

Very nice mooncakes. Look so soft and smooth.

Would like to know where did you get your 'Hello Kitty' mould?

Cheers,
Angelia

Happy Flour said...

Hi Angelia,

Thanks. I bought this mould from Sun Lik. I was so lucky. After I bought this, a lady called the shop and reserved all the 'Hello Kitty' mould. The lady boss ordered only a dozen from Hong Kong.

rgds,